Here are some things to consider:
- Identify a topic in your specialization. (For IT students, Information Technology is not a topic, however, Millennial’s perceptions of smart phone technology could be a topic. For leadership students, leadership or leadership styles would be too broad. You could, however, compare leader and followers perceptions of leadership styles in private four year institutions. These are examples).
- What is the cited problem? The problem you want to address has to come from the literature, and be cited, who are saying there are problems.
- What is the population you would like to address?
- What methodology are you planning on using? (If you are unsure, do you plan on a quantitative or qualitative study? You will determine your methodology in 839).
- Locate at least one article related to your topic. What was the research question in the study? Who were the participants in the study? What findings were reported?