Watch the following video, and then answer the questions (Alexander W. Wiseman, 2014):
Answer the questions that follow in a 3-page summary. The questions will guide your analysis of the situation, but they need to be presented as part of a summary on hypothesis testing, with 2 samples.
- The chart is used to visually present relationships between what variables?
- A correlation analysis measures the strength of what variables?
- A correlation analysis is concerned with the strength of the relationship between what variables?
- If the plotted intersections between variables are tight, what does that indicate about the relationship between the variables?
- If the plotted intersections between variables are in a flat, horizontal line, what does that mean about the relationship between variables?
- The sample correlation coefficient r is used to measure what aspect of the linear relationship?
- What range does the sample correlation between coefficient r ranges indicate?
- For a perfectly negative relationship (for every one unit increase in x, you have one unit of decrease in y), what is the sample correlation coefficient r equal to?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Grading Criteria Points
Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear. 40
Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences. 20
Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples provided where appropriate. 20
Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format; reads as a polished academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable. 10
Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors. 5
APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.). 5
Total Possible Points. 100