Section 1, Lectures 1 – 6; Section 2, Lectures 1 – 4 and Thomas Friedman’s text (2007), The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the 21st C [3.0] Chap 1 through Chapter 8, pg. 348. In this course material, there are some views of the process and impact of globalization that are in agreement between lecture and Friedman’s book, and others where differing view points are explored. In Section 2, Lecture 1, pg. 16 Taken from several sources, I wrote that “..advocates of population control share a concern for mass migration of the poor to their countries as well as for social unrest that could upset economic and political stability in the countries of the periphery.” After considering the materials you have read so far in this course, (listed above), address the following questions in your essay exam: In his book, Thomas Friedman discusses and analyzes what he calls “10 flatteners” and a ‘triple convergence’ that are, in his opinion, central aspects of the process of globalization in the 21st C. 1. From your reading so far, list the global “10 flatteners” that he presents. Identify what a “flattener” and a ‘triple convergence’ actually are according to Friedman. Briefly, how does he define the process of each? 2. Explain how Friedman portrays (through his own writing and other people’s views that he includes in support of his position) the impact of the ‘flattening of the world’ on the global movements of people (emigration, legal and illegal immigration) to America and Western Europe. 3. Compare and contrast his position, and others that he includes, with the views reflected in the lectures you have read so far. (See pg. 2) – 2 – As you write your essay, do not argue from emotion. Identify and evaluate your position and statements based on the materials you have read so far. And, keep in mind that this is not a place to argue your personal views on politics, history, or economics. Use your reading materials to validate your arguments. Again, be specific.
Looking for help with an assignment? Connect with an assignment Expert Now!
The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the 21st C
Reviews from Clients who Ordered From Us:
Get your essay writing needs completed by us and enjoy these and more benefits:
Our qualified team of experts have access to varied online library databases to help with recent and well researched tools that help in writing your paper to deliver a profound research that earns you a stellar grade
We have a user friendly interface to help you track the progress on your order from your client portal. Additionally, with each and every step, you will get notified on the status of your paper to give you an easy time to do other kinds of stuff
Order Our Custom Essay Writing Service
1. Making an Order Tip and Tricks
- Choose the type of assignment, topic, subject, length, and deadline for your paper.
- Indicate the following order parameters: service, chosen writer level, number of cited sources, and citation style.
- Add your document or provide instructions for paper in a specific form.
2. Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Right Writer
- Log in using your email address or your Facebook account.
- A list of suitable writers will be offered to you. Before making a selection, you can read testimonials or engage in a Live Chat with authors.
- Check your balance and, if necessary, add funds to your account. Here you will also find exclusive bargains.
- Put money into the account of the chosen writer.
3. Tips and Tricks for Supervising the Writing Process
- Get the chance to keep track of the process and connect with your writer.
- If required, include updated instructions.
- Have a conversation with your author.
4. Tips and Tricks to Enjoy the Results
- You will receive the paper. You have the option of requesting modifications if they are required. Before giving it back to the writer, make a list of the adjustments that need to be made.
- Accept the paper and send the money to the author.
- Rate your writer, submit your request, then sit back and enjoy the results.
How can we even make your school life easier with our services?
We always strive to provide the best techniques and skills that help your essay a stellar paper. We have achieved this through the years by offering features such as: