For this assignment, you will visit a different facility and conduct an interview with a different person than in Unit II. The interview for this assignment should take place in a recreation department within your local community, the YMCA, a middle/high school, or another sport facility that serves the youth of your community.
You will interview the sport recreation manager or athletics director from that facility. If this is not an option for you, you may elect to conduct a personal interview with the director or manager via phone, email, Skype, Zoom, Join Me, or any other conference-friendly application that will yield the answers to questions posed in the interview.
Create at least five to seven questions to ask this individual. The following sport-related topics are suggestions that may assist you as you generate your questions:
- social impact of youth and community sports,
- cultural impact of youth and community sports,
- legal impact of youth and community sports,
- economic impact of youth and community sports,
- social impact of interscholastic sports,
- cultural impact of interscholastic sports,
- legal impact of interscholastic sports, and
- economic impact of interscholastic sports.
Please provide the answers to the questions you ask the interviewee, and include a section that discusses how this experience has helped you in your educational journey to better understand sport management, leadership, and best practices in sport.
The organization of your paper should resemble the following:
- Title page: Include your name, the assignment title, and the name of the university.
- Introduction: Provide a brief introduction of the assignment.
- Body: List the questions and responses from your interview.
- Conclusion: Provide a brief conclusion that wraps up the elements of the interview, including how this experience has helped you.
- Reference page: If you use content from the textbook, be sure to include this as a source on your reference page.
Your paper should be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. Your paper should be typed in 12-point, Times New Roman font; be double-spaced; and include page headers. References and in-text citations should be formatted using APA style. Also, remember to cite personal communication in-text only. Examples on how to cite personal communication can be found below:
T. S. Smith (personal communication, January 20, 2016)
(T.S. Smith, personal communication, January 20, 2016)