Semester Writing Assignment
Develop the topic into a well-organized essay, following the guidelines below. Correct spelling and grammar will be considered during grading. Part of your grade will depend upon including four block quotes from Franklin’s Autobiography. If you do not include the 4 required block quotes to support your position, your paper will lose one letter grade. Be sure to answer all parts of the question. A block quote is typically several sentences long.
Students will generally compose the essay inside their word processor and then COPY and PASTE (using CONTROL V) the text into the space provided below. The essay should be a minimum of three double-spaced pages long. This assignment is limited to one submission. There are no opportunities to rewrite and resubmit.
Finally, DO NOT copy material from another source and paste it into this essay response box, representing it as your own work. Doing this will cause a grade of 0, and it is not difficult for instructors to detect.
The Autobiography of Ben Franklin
Relying on material from the The Autobiography of Ben Franklin (especially Chapters 8 and 9), click link below
thoroughly answer the following questions:
Section 1: Describe how Benjamin Franklin established the public library in Philadelphia. What was the effect of this library on Franklin? What was the effect of the library on his community?
Section 2: Explain Franklin’s quest for moral perfection. What process did he use? Be specific. How successful was he? Which virtues did he find the most challenging to maintain? Providing some detail, what was meant by his saying, “a speckled ax is best?” Name one virtue that Franklin omitted from his pursuit of perfection that you feel should have been included.
Section 3: Was Franklin a religious man? Why, or why not? Provide specific evidence from the autobiography to support your conclusions.
Section 4: A critic one said, “Franklin was a shameless self-promoter with numerous achievements, almost all of which were accomplished primarily to gain fame for himself, along with bragging rights. Moreover, he was blindly idealistic, and did not concern himself with Americans of less success or economic means.” In a single paragraph, defend or refute this accusation.
*****Include at least four direct, multi-sentence block quotes from the Autobiography to support your position. Be sure to put your citation for these quotations in parentheses and in all caps. For example, your citation might look like this:
“She assisted me cheerfully in my business, . . . .” (FRANKLIN, P. 119) or, if there is no page number, (FRANKLIN, Chapter 6).
Do not use resources that are not provided by this course.
Looking for help with an assignment? Connect with an assignment Expert Now!
Describe how Benjamin Franklin established the public library in Philadelphia.
Reviews from Clients who Ordered From Us:
Get your essay writing needs completed by us and enjoy these and more benefits:
Our qualified team of experts have access to varied online library databases to help with recent and well researched tools that help in writing your paper to deliver a profound research that earns you a stellar grade
We have a user friendly interface to help you track the progress on your order from your client portal. Additionally, with each and every step, you will get notified on the status of your paper to give you an easy time to do other kinds of stuff
Order Our Custom Essay Writing Service
1. Making an Order Tip and Tricks
- Choose the type of assignment, topic, subject, length, and deadline for your paper.
- Indicate the following order parameters: service, chosen writer level, number of cited sources, and citation style.
- Add your document or provide instructions for paper in a specific form.
2. Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Right Writer
- Log in using your email address or your Facebook account.
- A list of suitable writers will be offered to you. Before making a selection, you can read testimonials or engage in a Live Chat with authors.
- Check your balance and, if necessary, add funds to your account. Here you will also find exclusive bargains.
- Put money into the account of the chosen writer.
3. Tips and Tricks for Supervising the Writing Process
- Get the chance to keep track of the process and connect with your writer.
- If required, include updated instructions.
- Have a conversation with your author.
4. Tips and Tricks to Enjoy the Results
- You will receive the paper. You have the option of requesting modifications if they are required. Before giving it back to the writer, make a list of the adjustments that need to be made.
- Accept the paper and send the money to the author.
- Rate your writer, submit your request, then sit back and enjoy the results.
How can we even make your school life easier with our services?
We always strive to provide the best techniques and skills that help your essay a stellar paper. We have achieved this through the years by offering features such as: